Thursday, February 3, 2011

Globe Book Response


I am a little confused as to the blog post assignment so here is what I think Cherise was talking about!



First of all the article that I have chosen is "Think Globally, Eat Locally"

In answer to the questions that she gave in class about knowing the audience in the article that we have chosen to write the rhetoric analysis essays on:



Audience:
Everyone who eats food! But I think it is directed mainly towards American consumers.


Current and/or contemporary events of importance:
The environment deteriorating, so I guess this will always be a contemporary issue!


Professional/race/age/socioeconomic status:
OK this question I think is a little redundant of the first but I guess that all professions, races, etc should be concerned with this issue, because it sounds as though it is a global issue.


Ideologies:
The idea behind this issue that is being discussed is burning fossil fuels and wasting food!


Issues of Importance:
Food is essential to life so that is the importance and fossil fuels are how we get around!


Opponents (real and perceived):
People who don't care about the environment, and time is also an opponent.


Major fears/worries:
That "human activity" is going to destroy the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment