Friday, January 7, 2011

What to write about?!

Brainstorming is the hardest step in the paper writing process for me! I feel lost when I am sitting at my desk with my laptop on microsoft word and watching the line keep blinking! I want something amazing to come out of my head and onto that paper, something that people read and think, "Wow what an amazing perspective." Unfortunely this rarely happens, maybe with this paper it will start to change!

Ok so brainstorming! I am just going to try something new and put my complete thought process in this post. Possiblities for my paper based on intersets would be: fencing, horses, movies, free-shirts, Taylor Swift, Jack Johnson, the middle east, etc. Which one of these would make a good paper if any of them? I guess the middle east is a pretty broad topic, I want to travel there so bad to expereince the place. I have read so many books on the middle east particually Palestine. What would my opinion be though? I love the idea of traveling there so everyone should? That seems lame. I hate writing papers on big debates, especially political ones like abortion or immigration. I want something that is me.

I like the idea of free T-shirts. If anyone wants me anywhere just tell me there is gonna be a free T-shirt. Seriously at one of the BYU football games it was pouring rain and my friend and I stood in line to get one because it was free and it was a T-shirt! It is such a good way to get a crowd at and event! Could my essay be long enough with that prompt? Seems like I still have a lot of thinking to do before next Friday!

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you have a pretty positive liking of the Middle East, perhaps you could try to show people its goods, because i think so many people hear "Middle East" and just think war/terrorism, and i think you know there's so much more to it. It doesn't necessarily have to be political.

    You're T-shirt idea is pretty awesome, just not sure how much there is to write, let alone how much opinionizing can be done with a topic like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Taylor stole the words right out of me! Haha. But I agree, I think that you should try to convince people of the positives of the Middle East. After 9/11, not many people think good of the people, let alone want to travel. So I think that out of all your other topics, the Middle East one could be great! Good luck! :]

    MEB

    ReplyDelete